So I went to a new salon and found the perfect waxer last week. I have had a wide range of experiences from the horrible kick-you-in-the-face painful to the pleasant and beautiful results and everything in between. It was quick and the least painful I’ve ever felt. Anyway this woman, Alla, told me how to prevent in-grown hairs because they are no fun. She said every day in the shower to rub down with any product that has sea salt and then also with shea butter. They don’t usually come in the same bottle so you may have to improvise. But she says it takes care of the skin so that it doesn’t even create the environment for hair to grow wrong. It’s a nice little tactic to keep us healthy and clean. Woohoo!
Break out those Terrible Towels!
The Pittsburgh Steelers kick off another great season at HEINZ FIELD at 8:30 pm ET (5:30 pm Pacific) against the Tennessee Titans!
What the Steelers will do: The Titans play a soft, two-deep zone which should allow QB Ben Roethlisberger, who passed for 329 yards and two touchdowns in a meeting Dec. 21 in Nashville, to make plays down the field. But the Titans also had three of their secondary members make the Pro Bowl — CB Cortland Finnegan, S Michael Griffin and S Chris Hope — because they make plays on the ball and intercept passes. Griffin intercepted Roethlisberger twice last year, returning one for an 83-yard touchdown.
To win, the Steelers must …
1. Harry Kerry. Get pressure on Collins and not give him time in the pocket, which is what happened last year when he had the only 100-plus passer rating against them (102.1).
2. Smash Dash. That is the nickname for Johnson, who hurt the Steelers with 69 yards rushing, including a 21-yard touchdown run.
3. Don’t give them Hope. The former Steelers safety is one of three Pro Bowlers in the secondary who combined for 16 interceptions.
Yes, it is September: the official kick-off of Fall and – of course – Fall clothing!
I have compiled some great suggestions and advice on the upcoming fall fashions from our favorite fashion guru, Miss Stacy London. Of course, these must be taken with Stacy’s timeless advice:
“Women should never follow trends just to follow trends. You should wear the thing that looks most flattering on your body type.”
Stacy pointed out a few general themes, along with some suggestions of stores offering reasonably priced items to rock the styles!
- H&M has a cute cotton canvas military jacket (for $35!) – as seen on this pose-y chic to the right
- I also like the military-style jacket at Urban Outfitters, which is such a pretty fall color (and a steal at only $60)
Stacy especially loves the velvet jackets from J.Crew (like this one, below)
And I hear that these velvet pencil skirts are actually quite complementary,
even if you are not toothpick-shaped like the model in the picture (velvet “sintia” pencil skirt from tobi stylists) (more…)